Netgate 1541 BASE Secure Router with TNSR Software
SFP+ 10GBase-SR Transceiver
Intel® XEON D-1541 TOP OF THE LINE PROCESSING POWER WITH 10 GbE NETWORKING BUILT-IN
The Netgate 1541 1U system is a state of the art Security Gateway appliance, featuring the Eight Core Intel® "Xeon-DE" D-1541 2.1 GHz, with AES-NI to support a high level of I/O throughput and optimal performance per watt.
Combined with TNSR® software, the Negate 1541 can be configured as a 10 GbE firewall, LAN / WAN router, or VPN solution - capable of fully exploiting its underlying hardware to accommodate the most demanding traffic processing conditions.
TNSR software also enables the Netgate 1541 to be managed by IT automation platforms like Ansible®, SaltStack®, Puppet®, or Chef™ - which transcend traditional GUI management approaches - to enable speed, scale, and low-cost deployment / operation.
Built with high performance, versatility, and low total cost of ownership in mind, this TNSR systems meet the growing needs of organizations for modern firewall, VPN and routing needs. TNSR helps you solve your secure networking challenges.
The Netgate 1541 with TNSR is ideal for those with high-speed 10 GbE or higher routing requirements on a limited budget. Each system includes the first year of TNSR software subscription with 24x7x365 Technical Assistance from Netgate Global Support.
- Vector Packet Processing (VPP) and Data Plane Developer Kit (DPDK) data plane
- Free Range Routing (FRR) software routing stack
- strongSwan IPsec key management
- Kea DHCP Services
- YANG data modeling
- Two 10G SFP+ ports via SoC 10GBase-T, Two 1 GbE RJ45 LAN via Intel i350-AM2
- Full saturation of 1 and 10 Gbps links regardless of packet size or encryption level
- Intel® QuickAssist Technology (Intel QAT) accelerates cryptographic workloads (with optional Netgate CPIC-8955 Cryptographic Accelerator Card)
- Unlimited users, firewall rules, IPsec tunnels
- Configurable multi-WAN
- Expansion slot provides additional connectivity or security options
- Up to 16,000,000 active connections (scalable to 32,000,000 with 32 GB RAM)
- Clixon system management - Command Line Interface (CLI) and RESTCONF for REST API configuration
- Multi-instance management
- Automated orchestration for fast configuration changes
- Easily integrates with IT automation platforms like Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet, or Chef for speed, scale, and low-cost deployment / operation
- High-performance firewall, routing, VPN, and other secure networking applications
- Ideal for users who require network interface card (NIC) saturation across all NICs regardless of packet size or encryption level
- Medium Office, branch / remote / virtual offices
- Managed Service Providers (MSP) / Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) on-premises appliance deployments
- Everyone with high-speed 10 Gigabit requirements
- Edge to Cloud deployments
- Unmatched price-performance and total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Solid performance, compact packaging
- Includes 24x7x365 Technical Assistance from Netgate Global Support
In addition to deployment on the Netgate XG-1541, TNSR software is also available on the Netgate XG-1537 BASE, XG-1537 MAX, 6100 MAX, as a Bare Metal or VM Image for deployment on 3rd party hardware, or as a VM, or in the public cloud on Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
The Netgate XG-1541 with TNSR software includes the first year of the TNSR software subscription with 24x7x365 TAC PRO Technical Assistance from our knowledgeable and highly-rated Netgate Global Support team.
Punch in a higher weight class with our CPIC 8955 Cryptographics Accelerator card. The CPIC 8955 delivers up to 50 Gbps of hardware acceleration to help offload the performance demands of securing and routing Internet traffic.
|CPU||Intel "Xeon-DE" D-1541, 2.1 GHz FCBGA 1667 supported SoC|
|CPU Cores||Eight Cores, 45W|
|Networking||Dual LAN via Intel® i350-AM2 1 Gigabit Ethernet
Dual LAN via SoC 10GBase-T
Virtual Machine Device Queues reduce I/O overhead
Supports 10GBASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T, RJ45 output
1x Realtek RTL8201N PHY (dedicated IPMI)
|Storage||500 GB M.2 SSD|
|Memory||16 GB ECC DDR4 RDIMM (expandable to 32 GB)|
|Expansion||1x PCI-E 3.0 x 16 (in x4) AOC Slot
6x SATA3 ports
|Other Ports||1x BMC integrated ASPEED AST2400
1x IPMI Port
1x VGA Port
1x Fast UART 16550 Serial Port (header)
|USB Ports||2x USB 3.0 ports|
Hard drive activity LED
2x Network activity LEDs
System Overheat LED
Information LED (temp., status)
|Enclosure||19" 1U Rack Mount|
|Form Factor||1U 1.7"x17.2"x9.8"|
|Cooling||200W Low-noise PS with PFC: Active CPU fan, 40mm chassis fan|
1x SATA DOM power connector
100-240V, 50-60Hz, 2.6 Amp MAX
|Environmental||10°C to 35°C Operating Temp
8% to 90% Operating Relative Humidity (non-condensing)
|Power Consumption||20 W (idle)|
|Certifications||FCC, CE, RoHS, UL, UKCA|
- TNSR Documentation: Getting Started, API Documentation, etc.
- TNSR Supported Platform Manual
- Not PoE compatible
- Ships with US style 3 prong power cord. Easily changed to non-US style by purchasing a IEC320-C13 (3 PIN) compatible power cord (visual example).
- PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE ADDING YOUR OWN CARD TO DISCUSS ADDITIONAL NECESSARY COMPONENTS.
- TNSR software subscription with Netgate Global Support technical assistance (TAC Pro - 24 hour SLA) is included for the first year. Upgrade to TAC Enterprise for the fastest 4 hour SLA. All support plans offer 24x7x365 availability and a friendly team to assist you.
- For support assistance, click here.
- For service level descriptions, click here.
- Netgate Global Support FAQ is here.
- Help is always available from Netgate Community members on our forum here.
- One-year manufacturer's hardware warranty information is here.
- Extended warranties for US customers are available from Extend. More information on their offer and warranty policy can be viewed here.
- Standard 30 day return policy. Netgate does not sell seconds or returns. An open box fee may apply.
- All specifications subject to change without notice.
Questions? We'd love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org