Netgate 4100/6100 1U Rack Mount Kit
The 1U Rack Mount kit enables simple, safe, and fast installation of the Netgate 4100 or Netgate 6100 Security Gateway Appliance into a standard 19" server rack.
The Netgate 4100/6100 family of appliances are passively cooled to ensure silent operation when used in a desktop or rack mount configuration. This is a purpose-built rack mount system designed and manufactured specifically to:
- Fit entirely within the 1U height envelope.
- Allow for other devices to be mounted directly above or below the Netgate system.
- Maximize critical airflow through the 4100/6100’s integrated chassis heatsink.
- Move access to the USB jacks from the side of the unit to the front faceplate, utilizing custom molded USB 3.0 cable to provide convenient remote access to the Netgate 4100/6100 USB ports.
- Protect and conceal the USB cables and power supply with a removable faceplate, which prevents accidental disconnection while still allowing easy access.
- Provide an attractive, lightweight, yet sturdy durable Type II anodized aluminum mounting system with laser engraved logo.
- Securely install the Netgate 4100/6100 to the purpose built chassis with stainless steel screws via the 4 built-in mounting points.
- Anodized 5052 Aluminum rack mount bracket with detachable front faceplate
- Panel mount USB 3.0 extension cable with hardware
- 4x main chassis screws
- 1x front faceplate screw
- 4x cable ties (2 large, 2 small)
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- Netgate 4100 or Netgate 6100
- Mounting hardware specific to your racking system.
Due to the wide variety of rack mount fasteners, cage nuts, rack screws, and similar mounting hardware are not included in this kit. Please select fasteners that are suitable for your rack installation. Consult a qualified tradesperson if you are unsure.
- Installation Guide
- Netgate 4100/6100 systems are passively cooled and use the lower case as a heatsink. Please be aware it may feel warm when in use.
- Netgate 4100/6100 systems may be rack mounted with other devices directly above or below the Netgate system. Heat sources placed immediately below or in direct contact with the underside (chassis) of the 4100/6100 system should measure less than 40C / 104F surface temperature.
- Netgate 4100/6100 systems have been tested in the same ambient temperature limits as the desktop when rack mounted in this design.
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
- Made in the USA.
- Technical assistance is available from Netgate Global Support 24x7x365.
- Help is available on our community forum here.
- One-year manufacturer's warranty information is here.
- Standard 30 day return policy. Netgate does not sell seconds or returns. An open box fee may apply.
- All specifications subject to change without notice.
- Questions? We’d love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com
- Take a photo of the label on the bottom of your Netgate 4100/6100 before installation.
It is always a good idea to make a note of serial numbers and additional information from the label on the bottom of your system before installing in a server rack. The labeling may be difficult to read while the system is mounted in the rack. Please take a picture of the information or write it down for future reference.
We also offer a Wall Mount kit for the Netgate 4100 / 6100 here.