Netgate 4100 BASE pfSense+ Security Gateway
THE NETGATE 4100 BASE IS IN STOCK. THE NETGATE 4100/6100 1U RACK MOUNT KIT IS TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK UNTIL MID JUNE.
The Netgate® 4100 with pfSense® Plus software is one of the most versatile security gateways in its class. It combines the power of a Dual-Core Intel® Atom® C3338R Core CPU with integrated QuickAssist & AES-NI, and 4 GB of memory for a snappy user experience, delivering over 8.15 Gbps of L3 routing across six independent - (2) 1 GbE and (4) 2.5 GbE - flexible WAN/LAN ports.
The Netgate 4100 is ideal for pro-home, small/medium businesses, or edge deployments that require flexible port configurations to support 1 to 2.5 Gbps WAN capabilities across (2) RJ45 copper / SFP fiber Combo WAN ports and (4) discrete, unswitched 2.5 Gbps RJ-45 ethernet LAN ports - all in a silent desktop form factor.
- IPERF3 Traffic: 8.15 Gbps
- IMIX Traffic: 3.24 Gbps
- IPERF3 Traffic: 4.09 Gbps
- IMIX Traffic: 1.40 Gbps
- IPERF3 Traffic: 960 Mbps
- IMIX Traffic: 312 Mbps
Netgate 4100 performance tests conducted with pfSense Plus software version 22.01
CPU: Intel® Atom® C3338R with QAT, 2-core @ 1.8 GHz. Delivers 8.15 Gbps routing for common iPerf3 traffic and over 4.09 Gbps of firewall throughput.
Network Ports: 6 Independent 1G and 2.5G Flexible WAN/LAN Configurations. Use a combination of 6 ports for maximum flexibility - with 1 and 2.5 Gbps WAN capabilities across RJ45 and SFP ports, as well as 4 discrete, unswitched 2.5 Gbps LAN ports
Storage: 16 GB eMMC (or optional 128 GB NVMe M.2 SSD with Netgate 4100 Max)
Memory: 4 GB DDR4 RAM, DDR4 memory allows more stable, higher transfer rates for memory-intensive applications (e.g. IDS/IPS).
Cooling: The passive cooling system and low power draw of the Netgate 4100 provides efficient thermal management and silent operation expected from smaller devices despite its significantly higher performance.
pfSense Plus software provides the performance, flexibility, reliability and business assurance expected from leading secure networking applications:
- Up to 10 Gbps performance
- Flexible 3rd-party application options
- Traditional management mechanisms
- Proven reliability
- Complete business assurance support
All at a fraction of the cost of proprietary alternatives, pfSense Plus software is the perfect answer. Popular pfSense Plus use cases include load balancing, traffic shaping, captive portal, UTM device, DNS/DHCP Server, IDS/IPS, transparency caching proxy, web content filtering, failover WAN, and much more.
Intel® Atom® C3338R with QAT, 2-core @ 1.8 GHz (Denverton family)
Physical Network I/O ports
(2) Auto media detect 1 Gbps (RJ45 copper / SFP fiber) Combo WAN ports
(4) 2.5 Gbps RJ-45 "direct" (unswitched) ethernet LAN ports
16 GB eMMC (onboard - soldered) upgradable to 128 GB NVMe M.2 SSD with 4100 Max
4 GB DDR4 w/o ECC, single channel
Physical Expansion Card Slots
1x m.2 (Key-B slot) NVMe (PCIe)
1x auto-detect console port: "Cisco pinout" RJ45 + micro-USB (micro-USB cable included with each system)
2x USB 3.0 jacks (USB-A female) Located on left side rear when viewed from system front
3x 4-color LEDs (RGB + amber) Software / bootloader controllable via Microchip MCU
Desktop - Aluminum, plastic, and steel enclosure.
External ITE P/S AC/DC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 12V 5.0A (60W), threaded (locking) barrel connector
0°C (32°F) to 40°C (104°F) - ambient
|Certifications||CE, CB, FCC (Class B), RoHS, CCATS, UL, RCM, UKCA|
LOW TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
- No artificial limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature-based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
GROWS WITH YOU
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your home or business.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering. 1
- Maximum Active Connections: 4,000,000
EASY GUI MANAGEMENT
- Manage pfSense Plus software settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command-line interface or typing arcane commands.
SECURE REMOTE ACCESS
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect securely, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Remote Workers
- Small to Medium-Sized Business Networks
- Small to Medium-Sized Branch Office
- Managed Service Provider / Managed Security Service Provider (MSP/MSSP) On-Premises Appliance
- Everyone looking for great performance with no fan noise
- Situations where a rack mount system is not an option
- Anyone with High-Speed Gigabit Connections
Many VPN Connections
pfSense Plus software is a powerful firewall, router, and VPN solution that leverages a number of highly-regarded open-source projects. The software competes effectively with far more expensive, commercial alternatives and is used by hundreds of thousands of businesses, educational institutions, and government agencies all over the world. Leading secure-networking features and capabilities include:
- Ad blocker (pfBlockerNG)
- Captive Portal
- CARP / HA
- DNS Server
- DHCP Server
- HTTP transparent / web / reverse proxy (Squid)
- IP / Country block list (pfBlocker)
- Packet capture / inspection
- Port forwarding
- QOS / rate limiters
- Software load balancer (HA Proxy)
- Traffic monitoring
- Traffic logging, statistics, and graphs
- Traffic shaping
- Website blocker (pfBlocker)
Learn more about the power of pfSense Plus software here.
- Quick Start Guide and other Manuals
- Ships with the latest version of pfSense Plus software
- Not PoE Compatible
- Ships with your choice of Australian, UK, EU or USA cords. Easily changed by purchasing compatible AC power cord with IEC320-C7 (2 PIN) plug (visual example)
- Optional wall mount available
- Note: This system uses the case as a heatsink. Please be aware it may feel warm when in use
Your purchase includes all of these super neat things, which will help you get started with pfSense Plus software:
- Complimentary 24x7 zero-to-ping support from Netgate Global Support
- Access to the online version of the continuously updated official pfSense book (700+ pages)
- ACB: Automatic Encrypted Configuration Backup Service
- Technical assistance is available from Netgate Global Support 24x7x365.
- TAC Lite is included with the purchase of your Netgate appliance.
- TAC Pro and TAC Enterprise SLA descriptions and pricing are available here.
- Help is available on our community forum here.
- One-year manufacturer's hardware warranty information is here.
- Extended warranties for US customers are available from Extend. More information on their offer and warranty policy can be viewed here.
- Standard 30 day return policy. Netgate does not sell seconds or returns. An open box fee may apply.
- All specifications subject to change without notice
- Questions? We’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Free packages.
2 pfSense Plus software distributions now have support for QuickAssist and AES-NI.