Netgate 5100 pfSense+ Security Gateway
Netgate 5100 Wall Mount Kit
THE NETGATE 5100 SECURITY GATEWAY IS OUT OF STOCK. SHIPPING WILL RESUME IN MID-DECEMBER.
The Netgate® 5100 security gateway appliance with pfSense® Plus software is a robust and future-proof device that covers a broad spectrum of networking needs. This high-performance solution is suitable for home, small business, and enterprise-class applications. With a Quad Core Intel® 2.2 GHz CPU with integrated AES-NI and QAT (QuickAssist Technology), (6) independent 1 GbE ports, and 4 GB of upgradable DDR4 RAM, the 5100 tackles demanding firewall/router/VPN performance needs with memory and storage upgradeability, robust encryption handling, and the ability to run either pfSense Plus (performance numbers shown) or TNSR Software.
The Netgate 5100 is a high-performance multi-gigabit desktop appliance as a result of its Quad Core 2.2 GHz Intel Atom CPU, 4 GB of DDR4 RAM, and (6) independent 1 GbE ports. The integrated QuickAssist Technology provides uncompromising encryption throughput.
- IPERF3 Traffic: 3.76 Gbps (321.232 kpps)
- IMIX Traffic: 3.83 Gbps (1.3134 Mpps)
- IPERF3 Traffic: 3.75 Gbps (321.404 kpps)
- IMIX Traffic: 2.50 Gbps (858.9 kpps)
- IPERF3 Traffic: 1.92 Gbps (171.919 kpps)
- IMIX Traffic: 502 Mbps (172.2 kpps)
Netgate 5100 performance tests conducted with pfSense plus software version 21.05 RC
The Netgate 5100 is also compatible with TNSR software. TNSR is a high-performance software router capable of producing 2.4 Gbps of IPsec VPN performance (IMIX traffic) on the 5100, more than 4X the throughput of pfSense Plus. To explore the Netgate 5100 with TNSR software view the product page here.
CPU: Quad Core 2.2 GHz Intel Atom CPU, with integrated AES-NI and QAT (QuickAssist Technology) significantly improves encrypted throughput and increases RAM performance by up to 50%.
Network Ports: 6 Independent 1 GbE Ports provide up to 3.8 Gbps / 1.3 Mpps throughput with real-world IMIX traffic across six flexibly configurable ports.
Storage: 8 GB eMMC Flash onboard (upgradable)
Memory: 4 GB DDR4 RAM, DDR4 memory allows more stable, higher transfer rates for memory-intensive applications (e.g. IDS/IPS). Our hardware flexibility allows you to upgrade your memory at any time to 16GB, future-proofing this appliance.
Cooling: The passive cooling system and low power draw of the Netgate 5100 provides efficient thermal management and silent operation expected from smaller devices despite its significantly higher performance.
pfSense Plus software provides the performance, flexibility, reliability and business assurance expected from leading secure networking applications:
- Up to 10 Gbps performance
- Flexible 3rd-party application options
- Traditional management mechanisms
- Proven reliability
- Complete business assurance support
All at a fraction of the cost of proprietary alternatives, pfSense Plus software is the perfect answer. Popular pfSense Plus use cases include load balancing, traffic shaping, captive portal, UTM device, DNS/DHCP Server, IDS/IPS, transparency caching proxy, web content filtering, failover WAN, and much more.
|CPU||Intel "Denverton" Atom C3558 2.2 GHz with Intel QuickAssist & AES-NI|
|CPU Cores||4 Cores|
|Networking||4x GbE RJ45 Intel® SoC Integrated MAC
2 x GbE RJ45 Intel® i210
|Storage||8 GB eMMC Flash onboard|
|Memory||4 GB DDR4 2400 MHz DIMM (max 16 GB, 1x 260-pin SODIMM)|
1x Mini-PCIe (PCIe), 1x M.2 2242 Keyed B/B+M (USB 3.0/SATA), 1x Nano SIM
|Console Port||1x Mini USB|
|USB Ports||2x USB 3.0|
|Cooling||Fanless, Passive CPU Heatsink|
Input: DC jack with threaded barrel connector
External ITE P/S AC/DC 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 60W
AC Inlet: IEC320-C14 (3 PIN)
US Power Cord included
|Environmental||32°F (0°C) to 122°F (50°C) Operating
Humidity 5~90% Operating
RoHS, CE/FCC Class B
LOW TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
- No artificial limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature-based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
GROWS WITH YOU
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your home or business.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering. 1
- Maximum Active Connections: 4,000,000
EASY GUI MANAGEMENT
- Manage pfSense Plus software settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command line interface or typing arcane commands.
SECURE REMOTE ACCESS
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect security, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Remote Workers
- Small to Medium-Sized Business Networks
- Small to Medium-Sized Branch Office
- Managed Service Provider / Managed Security Service Provider (MSP/MSSP) On-Premises Appliance
- Everyone looking for great performance with no fan noise
- Situations where a rack mount system is not an option
- Anyone with High-Speed Gigabit Connections
Many VPN Connections
pfSense Plus software is a powerful firewall, router and VPN solution that leverages a number of highly-regarded open-source projects. The software competes effectively with far more expensive, commercial alternatives and is used by hundreds of thousands of businesses, educational institutions, and government agencies all over the world. Leading secure-networking features and capabilities include:
- Ad blocker (pfBlockerNG)
- Captive Portal
- CARP / HA
- DNS Server
- DHCP Server
- HTTP transparent / web / reverse proxy (Squid)
- IP / Country block list (pfBlocker)
- Packet capture / inspection
- Port forwarding
- QOS / rate limiters
- Software load balancer (HA Proxy)
- Traffic monitoring
- Traffic logging, statistics, and graphs
- Traffic shaping
- Website blocker (pfBlocker)
Learn more about the power of pfSense Plus software here.
- Quick Start Guide and other Manuals
- Ships with the latest version of pfSense Plus software
- Not PoE Compatible
- Ships with US 3 prong power cord. Easily changed by purchasing a IEC320-C13 (3 PIN) compatible power cord (visual example)
- Optional wall mount available
- Note: This system uses the case as a heatsink. Please be aware it may feel warm
- Note: This system is not RCM safety certified for Australia and New Zealand. Customers in Australia and New Zealand should inquire about RCM certified systems through our Partner network
Your purchase includes all of these super neat things, which will help you get started with pfSense Plus software::
- Complimentary 24x7 zero-to-ping support from Netgate Global Support
- Access to the online version of the continuously updated official pfSense book (700+ pages)
ACB: Automatic Encrypted Configuration Backup Service
- Technical assistance is available from Netgate Global Support 24x7x365.
- TAC Lite is included with the purchase of your Netgate appliance.
- TAC Pro and TAC Enterprise SLA descriptions and pricing are available here.
- Help is available on our community forum here.
- One year manufacturer's hardware warranty information is here.
- Extended warranties for US customers are available from Extend. More information on their offer and warranty policy can be viewed here.
- Standard 30 day return policy. Netgate does not sell seconds or returns. An open box fee may apply.
- All specifications subject to change without notice
- Questions? We’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Free packages.
2 Future pfSense Plus software distributions will have support for QuickAssist. AES-NI support is included.