Netgate 3100 MAX pfSense+ Security Gateway
Netgate 3100 Power Supply
The Netgate® 3100 security gateway appliance with pfSense® Plus software is the perfect multi-port Ethernet connectivity device for the modern home, small office, and SMB network. With a compact form factor, low power draw, and silent operation it can run completely unnoticed placed on a desktop. Featuring a Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 1.6 GHz CPU, (6) 1 GbE ports, and 2 GB of DDR4 RAM - the Netgate 3100 can deliver multi-gigabit firewall and routing throughput.
The Netgate 3100 is a high-performance gigabit desktop appliance as a result of its Dual core ARM v7 Cortex-A9 @ 1.6 GHz, 2 GB of DDR4 RAM, and flexible 6-port network interface.
- IPERF3 Traffic: 3.64 Gbps
- IMIX Traffic: 1.98 Gbps
- IPERF3 Traffic: 2.44 Gbps
- IMIX Traffic: 1.04 Gbps
(AES-CBC-128 + SHA1)
- IPERF3 Traffic: 453 Mbps
- IMIX Traffic: 108 Mbps
Netgate 3100 performance tests conducted with pfSense software version 2.4.4-p3
CPU: The Dual core ARM v8 Cortex-A53 1.2 GHz delivers 3.64 Gbps routing for common iPerf3 traffic and over 2.44 Gbps of firewall throughput.
Network Ports: Flexible 6-port combination of (1) 4-port 1 GbE Marvell switch and (2) dedicated 1 GbE ports.
Storage: 8 GB eMMC Flash onboard (or optional 32 GB M.2 SATA SSD)
Memory: 2 GB DDR4, DDR4 memory allows more stable, higher transfer rates for memory-intensive applications (e.g. IDS/IPS).
Cooling: The passive cooling system and low power draw of the Netgate 3100 provides efficient thermal management and silent operation expected from smaller devices despite its significantly higher performance.
pfSense Plus software provides the performance, flexibility, reliability and business assurance expected from leading secure networking applications:
- Up to 10 Gbps performance
- Flexible 3rd-party application options
- Traditional management mechanisms
- Proven reliability
- Complete business assurance support
All at a fraction of the cost of proprietary alternatives, pfSense Plus software is the perfect answer. Popular pfSense Plus use cases include load balancing, traffic shaping, captive portal, UTM device, DNS/DHCP Server, IDS/IPS, transparency caching proxy, web content filtering, failover WAN, and much more.
|CPU||ARM v7 Cortex-A9 @ 1.6 GHz with NEON SIMD and FPU|
|CPU Cores||Dual Core|
|Networking||Two 1 Gigabit Ethernet Ports, configured as dual WAN or one WAN one LAN
plus four-port 1 Gbps Marvell 88E6141 switch, uplinked at 2.5 Gbps to the third port on the SoC for LAN.
|Storage||32 GB M.2 SATA SSD|
|Memory||2 GB DDR4L|
|Expansion||2x M.2 'B' key sockets (SSD, LTE)
1x M.2 'E' key socket (2230 form factor) for WiFi / Bluetooth
1x miniPCIe (WiFi)
|Console Port||MiniUSB (console cable included)|
|USB Ports||1x 3.0 port|
|LED||3 user-controllable full-color RGB LEDs|
|Enclosure||Desktop 1.56" tall x 7" deep x 8" wide|
|Form Factor||Standard mini-ITX 170mm x 170mm|
|Power||External ITE P/S AC/DC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 12V 3.33A, threaded barrel connector
AC Inlet: IEC320-C14 (3 PIN)
One US, UK, EU or ANZ power cord included
US Power Cord: NEMA 5-15P to IEC320-C13
UK Power Cord: BS 1363 to IEC320-C13
EU Power Cord: CEE7/16 to IEC320-C13
ANZ Power Cord: AS 3112 to IEC320-C13
|Environmental||32°F (0°C) to 149°F (65°C)|
|Certifications||FCC, CE, RoHS, UL, IEC-60950|
LOW TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
- No artificial limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature-based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- No moving parts to wear out. This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
GROWS WITH YOU
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your home or business.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering. 1
- Maximum Active Connections: 1.8 million
EASY GUI MANAGEMENT
- Manage pfSense Plus settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command line interface or typing arcane commands.
SECURE REMOTE ACCESS
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect security, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Remote Workers
- Small to Medium-Sized Business Networks
- Small to Medium-Sized Branch Office
- Managed Service Provider / Managed Security Service Provider (MSP/MSSP) On-Premises Appliance
pfSense Plus software is a powerful firewall, router and VPN solution that leverages a number of highly-regarded open-source projects. The software competes effectively with far more expensive, commercial alternatives and is used by hundreds of thousands of businesses, educational institutions, and government agencies all over the world. Leading secure-networking features and capabilities include:
- Ad blocker (pfBlockerNG)
- Captive Portal
- CARP / HA
- DNS Server
- DHCP Server
- HTTP transparent / web / reverse proxy (Squid)
- IP / Country block list (pfBlocker)
- Packet capture / inspection
- Port forwarding
- QOS / rate limiters
- Software load balancer (HA Proxy)
- Traffic monitoring
- Traffic logging, statistics, and graphs
- Traffic shaping
- Website blocker (pfBlocker)
Learn more about the power of pfSense Plus software here.
- Quick Start Guide and other Manuals can be found here
- Not PoE Compatible
- Select the power cord option above for your geography. If no selection is made, a US style power cord will be shipped
Your purchase includes all of these super neat things, which will help you get started with pfSense Plus software:
- Complimentary 24x7 zero-to-ping support from Netgate Global Support
- Access to the online version of the continuously updated official pfSense book (700+ pages)
ACB: Automatic Encrypted Configuration Backup Service
- Technical assistance is available from Netgate Global Support 24x7x365.
- TAC Lite is included with the purchase of your Netgate appliance.
- TAC Pro and TAC Enterprise SLA descriptions and pricing are available here.
- Help is available on our community forum here.
- One year manufacturer's hardware warranty information is here.
- Extended warranties for US customers are available from Extend. More information on their offer and warranty policy can be viewed here.
- Standard 30 day return policy. Netgate does not sell seconds or returns. An open box fee may apply.
- All specifications subject to change without notice
- Questions? We’d love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com
1 Free packages.